Our fundraising team run an assortment of events a year to raise money for Herriot Hospice Homecare and they are constantly on the lookout for volunteers who can help them with all parts of their fundraising efforts.
Fundraising volunteers do not necessarily have set days a week where they volunteer; our team will call you if they need help and you can choose to help if you want to and you are available. Some of our volunteers may only help with one event a year while others commit to more regular volunteering. Below is a list of the different ways in which you can volunteer in the fundraising department:
- Office volunteers - Can range from helping to organise the events, designing posters, folding raffle tickets and calling volunteers.
- Event volunteers - Come along on the day and help with all parts of running a smooth event, from coffee mornings to fun runs, there's never two days the same.
- Bakers - We need bakers to supply for our coffee mornings and open gardens; there's nothing people like more than homemade cake!
- Street collectors - Could you spare one hour to hold a collection bucket in your town? We are always on the lookout for people to sign up to be street collectors!
- Leaflet & poster distributors - Could you spare a bit of time to advertise our events in your town? We need people to distribute posters to local retailers and businesses to advertise our events can you help.
We are looking for a volunteer who could do some research about local fundraising opportunities. This is a role that could be undertaken at home (you would need access to a computer).
Community Fundraising Groups:
We looking for people who are willing to lead and be part of community fundraising groups across Hambleton and Richmondshire.
Could you take a leadership role and help set up a group in your area? We are looking for a Chair, Secretary and Treasurer as well as supporters to undertake and manage a range of fundraising activity in the local community. We’d love to hear from you if you feel you have the drive and energy to be part of a new group.
If you would like to know any more information on the above please call the office on 01609 777413 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and speak to a member of our Fundraising team.
Ellie Walton - Fundraiser and Shop Volunteer
"Volunteering as a fundraiser and an assistant in the charity shop has helped to improve so many of my skills. The role has allowed me to meet such a range of amazing people and has provided me with so many opportunities.
It has been fantastic to give something back to the community and help a local charity, who cared for a close family member."