Our office is the centre of our organisation. We are currently looking for volunteer admin assistants for our offices in Northallerton.
The post holder provides administrative and practical support to the Administration Team and the Fundraising Team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Reception and telephone answering service in the office.
- Checking the Admin Inbox daily and redirecting all emails to an appropriate member of staff.
- Assisting in the opening of post and the counting of cash received from events, collecting boxes etc.
- Checking timesheets and verifying claims.
- Ensuring the accurate recording of income on the Fundraising Database system.
- Processing 'Thank You' letters, prepare and post outgoing mail.
- Providing general typing and admin support and carry out a range of administrative tasks for the office.
Full training will be given.
Jan Bolam – Respite Sitter, Driver and Admin Volunteer
"When I retired from working as a physiotherapist at the Friarage, I wanted to do something that would help other people. Herriot was an obvious choice as it is a local charity serving the community in which I used to work and taking patients to the Friarage helps to keep me in touch with my old work place.
I enjoy sitting with patients as you meet some very interesting people who are so grateful for the help we provide. Working as an admin volunteer allows me to interact with the service co-ordinators who book me for sitting and driving.
I hope people feel that I make a difference to their lives, they certainly do in mine!"