Herriot Hospice Homecare searching for new trustees
Herriot Hospice Homecare, which is part of charity North Yorkshire Hospice Care, is looking to recruit new trustees to join the organisation's Board.
The person-focused, expanding charity has ambitious plans for future expansion of services, seeking to remove barriers to access care and support. The organisation's Board of Trustees is responsible for the governance of a leadership team, ensuring delivery of agreed strategy, monitoring of performance, protection of reputation, and more.
North Yorkshire Hospice Care is a registered charity in England and Wales (518905) with a family of services operating as Herriot Hospice Homecare, Just ‘B’, Saint Michael’s Hospice and Talking Spaces. It provides a range of end of life care, bereavement support, and emotional wellbeing support services across North Yorkshire.
The board seeks to represent the communities it serves and requires representatives with the diverse skill sets essential to North Yorkshire Hospice Care's work. To support this, they are currently seeking to recruit new trustees across Hambleton, Richmondshire, and the Harrogate District, to join the Board on a volunteer basis.
Specialisms required include:
- An active GP with an interest in end of life and/or palliative medicine.
- A person working in statutory commissioning - health or social care.
- An active senior building professional.
- An active mental health professional.
Trustee meetings are held every two months, usually on a Wednesday evening between 5.30pm and 7pm.
Benefits of joining North Yorkshire Hospice Care as a trustee include:
- The opportunity to support the work of a charity which cares for those living with terminal illness and bereavement across North Yorkshire.
- Networking opportunities with partners and other trustees from a range of industries and with varied skill sets.
- A chance to collaborate with North Yorkshire Hospice Care staff and volunteers, supporting the charity’s strategic objectives.
- Involvement in exciting projects and opportunities as we make our ambitious plans and service expansion a reality.
Those who wish to express an interest are asked to do so, in the first instance, by contacting Chief Executive Tony Collins by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for expressions of interest is Monday April 12 2021.Article Posted 30th March 2021