Light up a Life symbolises and means so much for the people who take part in it, and for Herriot Hospice Homecare. Every year is different, but every year shares common characteristics, including laughter, tears and reflection. The special memories we have of loved ones remain a strong and real part of our daily lives, and therefore Light up a Life remains an important part of our festive tradition, with the people we continue to love at the centre of the occasion.
For this reason, we have created an event which enables us to come together, even when we are apart. To help keep you, our community, as safe as possible at this time, we will hold our very special event virtually.
Bringing together music, reflection, and time and space to reflect on precious memories, we’ll stream the event from our home to yours on Sunday December 13, 2020 at 3pm.
- Dedicate a light this festive period to remember someone special and share in our unique virtual event. Join us to reflect on precious memories from the safety and comfort of your own home.
- Remembering and celebrating the lives of friends and family members, who are no longer with us, can be especially poignant during challenging times. We invite you to light a candle in remembrance, pause amidst all that 2020 has delivered and take some time to remember.
- As we are unable to gather together to place your stars on our trees, we’ve added another brand new addition for 2020. If you make your dedication online your bright light will be illuminated on our virtual Herriot Hospice Homecare tree in memory of your loved one. You will be able to add a photo, a message and share the link to your dedication with friends and family so that they too can reflect on memories and all that they meant to you. Please visit our special virtual tree to learn more.
- However you choose to make your dedication, you will receive your own special star to place on your tree at home as part of a Light up a Life pack we'll send to you.
Every single penny will make a difference to local families living with terminal illness and bereavement. Take a look at the impact that your donations can make, cumulative or otherwise;
- Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, more people than ever need, and want, to be cared for at the end of life in the safety and comfort of their own homes. A £200 donation could help a member of our HOME Service team to offer a tailored package of care over the festive season, ensuring our patients can spend Christmas at home, surrounded by the people and things they love.
- A £100 donation could help provide a comprehensive package of resources to support children or young people with their emotional wellbeing or bereavement this festive period.
- A £50 donation could help provide one-to-one, telephone-based support for a family experiencing grief during Covid-19 with one of our bereavement support specialists.
To chat to our friendly Fundraising Team, call (01609) 777 413 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions:
North Yorkshire Hospice Care is a registered charity in England and Wales (518905) with a family of services operating as Herriot Hospice Homecare, Just 'B', Saint Michael's Hospice and Talking Spaces.
North Yorkshire Hospice Care is a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (2121179). Registered address Crimple House, Hornbeam Park Avenue, Harrogate, HG2 8NA.